Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Taxidermy Base

Yesterday I started working on a practice base for taxidermy. I think I will put a field mouse on it if I can find one. It is a setting of the forest floor under an oak tree.
I first got some dirt and put it in a small bucket. Then I added 1 oz of water and 1 oz of glue. I then mixed well and dumped the mud on my plywood base. I then I shaped the mud to a nice oval. After that I put on my oak leaves and a 30\06 shell. Today I want to add some acorns. I will get some pics up when it is done.

1 comment:

Mikey said...

Matt,

Thats would be awesome for a squirrel!!! just keep like 2-3 .22 shells and scatter them around the squirrel. Or maybe a .410 shell. Let me know If ya want a .410 shell or a few .20 ga I may be able to send you some empty ones.

Mikey